Wednesday 26 October 2016

Artsites.ca


works in progress
Time to send a shout out for the helpful folks at Artsites.ca.  I used to host my art website using the hosting services of an artist's website company in America.  This summer as we were planning to move house I began thinking about the fairly substantial costs of continuing that web hosting...and I began looking around for another solution, and I found Artsites.ca.  They are a Canadian company in Vancouver; they offer nearly all the services of the former site, plus a few new features that the other site didn't provide,  for about 1/3 the cost savings!   Although I had been a loyal supporter for years with my previous server, I couldn't argue with the savings, and so I decided to plunge into the new learning curve and build myself an Artsites.ca website.  Here it is at www.sallychupick.com 

It was easy!  The helpful folks at Artsites are available by live chat whenever I had questions...and I sure had a lot, especially when it came to changing my domain name from one server to another; it's hard for me to understand all that stuff, but Geoff at Artsites helped, taking time to explain everything.

Yay for Artsites.ca!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The AGGV Art Rental & Sales Program   launches 'Covid Creations' on Friday September 18th. Go to this link to view & purc...