Thursday 6 April 2017

moving studio again

Waterlily Pond, oil on linen, 14x18, $450
We are moving again.  On May 29th.  This time it is just 1 block over & around the corner!  We're staying in the same neighborhood.  My studio space in the new space will be downstairs on our lower level and is a little larger space than what I have now, which should work better.  I like to paint on several paintings all at the same time, flitting from one to the other like a 'bee in a meadow'.  in my current space that's hard to do as it's a small bedroom, which doesn't allow for several big canvas's at any one time.  I'm not crazy about having a studio in a basement, but  I can easily rig up some extra lighting if needed.  My friend Sarah made her basement studio work for her for many years, so I know I can too.  However, I have pledged to not even start thinking about packing up until the 1st of May.  I'm saving April for us!

May 13th I'm giving a 1 day workshop in Bath with the Bath Artisans.  The workshop is called 'Turning Your Inner Critic Upside Down'.  It isn't a beginner workshop, it's aimed at sharing techniques of getting past hurdles in our creativity, so painters with some experience already might enjoy it.
Apparently there are 8 already signed up, so it will definately be a go, unless something unforseen comes up. 
 

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful painting. I am impressed with your ability to move twice in
    one year. Wow!

    XOXOXOXOXOXO Barbara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barbara! The rental we're in is going up for sale so we are moving to another rental in the interim...good thing we had all those years of practice moving with the military! Lol!

      Delete
  2. This is gorgeous Mom! I'm really really digging your vibe lately. Everything you have been creating of late has been spectacular! Love it xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Holly, it is just the best thing to have your support and encouragement/ xo

      Delete

The AGGV Art Rental & Sales Program   launches 'Covid Creations' on Friday September 18th. Go to this link to view & purc...