Tuesday 7 February 2017

Recent work

'Firsts'
mixed media / oil on wood
30 x 30" - $1200


Finally got around to finding a resolution with this painting yesterday, using oil pastels and oil paint over my acrylic sketch.  The figures are my daughter Rachel and grandaughter Ella. 
Inspired by a spectacular family photo portrait taken by Matt's aunt, Lori MacDonald. 
I took the liberty of removing daddy and doggie from the picture...sorry Matt & Asha!  

What really spoke to me about mother and child, is their gesture /body language; reflecting that particular joy any parent experiences introducing their child to the power and awesomeness of nature.

2 comments:

  1. Youve captured them both perfectly! Well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Holly! I'm happy with the spontenaity of it...and that it resembles their stature...I plan to explore this process further with other subject matter on the boards I got in January.

    ReplyDelete

The AGGV Art Rental & Sales Program   launches 'Covid Creations' on Friday September 18th. Go to this link to view & purc...