Thursday 4 May 2017

blossom where you are

Apple Blossom - 48 x 24 inch- oil on wood - $1500
It's May, it's May...the lusty month of May...that love'ly month when everyone goes blissfully astray...(can you hear Julie Andrews singing in the background??!) ha ha!!  I do love this month.  I've been getting my blossom on :)  The trees budding and bursting with bloom always thrill me. It's gardening season, and  I'm missing my lovely garden at my old house; but I've lots going on despite no gardening to be done here. 

a detail of oil painting 'Spring Quilt'
available through Studio 87, Perth
(formerly Gallery On Gore)
In my last post I mentioned that we are moving at the end of this month...we'll be at 803 Lotus Avenue in Kingston's east end, starting June 1st.  It will take us about a week to settle in, and then 'poof!' it will be summer!  
This year, summer is full of visits with family and a couple of weddings for us, so again this year I'm unable to commit to do any art shows over the summer at all.  I'm kind of missing that.  I'm that person who loves connecting with people who show up at the art shows I take part in.  I'm hoping I'll be able to do a few autumn art shows before the year ends.
Next weekend I'll be giving an art workshop in the little village of Bath, with the Bath Artisans group.  It should be rather fun; we're going to be painting upside down :) It's a method I often employ to help me switch off  brain chatter when I paint.  I thought it might be fun and interesting to share with other artists, especially if they've not tried it before.  The workshop is called "Turn Your Inner Critic Upside Down" and it's on Sat. May 13th.  
We'll be in Victoria for a week this month, so I feel like the month is going to fly. 





2 comments:

  1. Ooooh love all your blossom paintings of late! I cant wait to see you in two more sleep (for real this time ;)). Lots of beauty flowers at the moment here so I bet you will find tons of inspiration on your visit xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sorry I took so long to reply to this. as you know there's been a lot of upheaval going on in my life, no time for blogging or even painting...happy to be settled into the Lotus avenue digs now, hopefully can get my rhythm back soon. Thanks for your lovely comments Holly, I always appreciate what you tell me. xo

      Delete

The AGGV Art Rental & Sales Program   launches 'Covid Creations' on Friday September 18th. Go to this link to view & purc...