Sunday 2 October 2016

October 2016

work in progress - acrylic & collage - 40x30
Cheers!  a little time out for fun:)
Big changes in my life are that we have now moved house.
I'm a believer that change is mostly good because it drags us into the present whether we like it or not.  Being present is how I want to live my life.
  
That doesn't mean that I do not savor wonderful memories, and beautiful old things... I do; immensely.  What it  does mean is that I can enjoy them for their beauty,  but let go.  I have come to understand that it is not the thing, but the thought of the thing that matters.(for me, anyway).
Here's an acrylic that I got going on last weekend...it's a work in progress, but it's going in a fun direction.  Quite a different process for me! I began with collage... using bits from several printed images of west coast hikes, that my daughter Holly had sent to me in her travels.  With big brushes sweeping in large areas of opaque tones of acrylics until it felt right...I kind of like the movement of it...sort of looks like the little island is billowing along.  There are some areas that need resolution, but I am happy where it's going. It was refreshing and fun doing something different, especially while removed in a workshop environment away from the throws of our move! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The AGGV Art Rental & Sales Program   launches 'Covid Creations' on Friday September 18th. Go to this link to view & purc...