Tuesday 14 March 2017

Sell on Instagram ? why not?

Waterlily Meditation
I'm fairly new to Instagram.  My daughter Holly showed me how to work it a couple of months ago, and since then, I have to say I really love it.  I enjoy being able to see and share with so many other artists and art lovers on the site.  It's a fun way to relax and connect with artists all over the world.  Although I've been posting some of my work there for the past few months, until recently I'd never thought of selling my art on Instagram.  "Really?  One can do that?  For art?  Will I put off my friends? Would my galleries care? "  These were some of the questions I had.   But then I thought about how things have changed so much in this age of technology.(whoa, have they ever, just look at politics in the age of technology!!)   And I thought, "What have I got to lose?" I couldn't really think of anything, so now, occasionally I will be posting some of my work on Instagram for sale under the hashtag: #sallychupickpaintingsforsale.  New pieces to be added from time to time.  To make it easy, someone can either comment 'sold' or direct message me privately on Instagram.  How easy is that??!!

A recent waterlily pond inspiration took me in the direction for the painting above.  It went through many transformations before it's present state;  the struggle definitely is ingrained in the work.  Beginning as more of an allover pond landscape, I felt so ho-hum about it until some bold decisions allowed intuition and process to take over which was much more satisfying to me. Something about responding to the voice in my heart.   It's 18 x 24 inch oil on canvas.
The rowboat painting is 12 x 24 inch oil on canvas, and it's currently for sale at Studio 87 gallery in Perth, ON.  


3 comments:

  1. I think its a great idea Ma! I Hope you get some unexpected sales and meet lots of new people this way! Both the waterlily and little boat at the dock are absolutely gorgeous! Looks like you got your groove back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Holly, thanks for leaving your comment for me. Love you xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for this usefull article, waiting this article like this again.
    Instagram pages buy sell

    ReplyDelete

The AGGV Art Rental & Sales Program   launches 'Covid Creations' on Friday September 18th. Go to this link to view & purc...