Saturday 25 November 2017

Loving the Tribe

There's a special connection between art makers; a connection akin to a tribe.  In the tribe, one feels a spark, a mutual understanding with the other tribe members what it is to share a creative path.  I have the best discussions with other artists.  It's also why I enjoy listening to the Savvy Painter podcasts sometimes while I paint.  
SOLD
They are great while I'm working on my mini wood blocks, because I paint them responsively, not too much cerebral stuff in them.  When I need to think I cant listen to any podcasts or music (only exception is birdsong).  It feels good to know there's others out there all around the world working away on their own creative paths, going through similar ups and downs as me.  I love the tribe!  

SOLD
Dec 8th I've been invited to attend the Art Gallery of Greater Victoria's  December meeting.  woohoo! It's a great little public art gallery very enthusiastically supported out here in Victoria...cant wait to see what the other members will bring, it's a show & tell.  ...feel like I meet some of the tribe :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

The AGGV Art Rental & Sales Program   launches 'Covid Creations' on Friday September 18th. Go to this link to view & purc...