Tuesday 27 December 2016

December studio time ...

With Christmas day over it feels good to hunker down in the studio and paint again.  I'm currently working on two water-lily & beaver pond themed paintings...here's what they look like so far, they're still a work in progress.  I like how they start as one idea and morph into other ideas as I go.  Inspiration for these ones has come from one of my many trips up highway 10 from Kingston to Westport.  I stop the car, jump out and creep to the shoreline so I can gaze at the beaver ponds, patterns of the lily pads floating on the surface.  At this time I snap a few photos for reference.  I think I took the photos in late September.  When I'm ready to paint the photos help jog my memory, so I can meditate on these experiences again.

We went to Victoria for a week just before Christmas, enjoying time with family.  We did a few kilometers of hiking on the Juan de Fuca trail leading down to Mystic Beach through lush coastal vegetation and and old growth forest.  What a special day!
Christmas was quiet and peaceful but delightful...Jane came home to make it special for us.  Happy New Year to all! xo

1 comment:

  1. Sure was a special day! One of the best for sure! Cant wait to one day make a habit of dayhikes with you both. These two are absolutely beautiful! I love the richness of the one on the left and the realism of the one on the right. Bet these will be snapped up in no time!

    ReplyDelete

The AGGV Art Rental & Sales Program   launches 'Covid Creations' on Friday September 18th. Go to this link to view & purc...